War of the band hot-seats (Sorry, legacy)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charonte, Mar 15, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

2. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I'm torn between my usual ban-on-sight suggestion and wanting an update.

3. Charonte

Charonte Member

Save has been forwarded to Wolfsbane and Hellrust has been removed from the lists.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I have recieved the save file and will begin playing this weekend.

Quick question: How do I take pictures in-game and where are they stored?

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Depends, using steam or not? But either way you can choose in game picture in options>controlls

6. Wolfsbane

The Wolfsbane Saga of Veloriens great adventure, part 1:

WHAT HAVE YOU ALL BEEN DOING?

When I found the allfather, he was staying in Dhirim and was absolutely broke. A shitty 100 denars was all he had to pay his soldiers with. He had no businesses, no horse and no way to pay his soldiers when payday arrived - needless to say, he was in a very bad position.

First things first, I did what every mercenary in his situation would do: I hunted down and killed a bunch of Sea Raiders. Only one casaulty and a couple of hundred denars richer, I swapped my old ragged armor for a decent Chain shirt i looted from the Nordic pirates. Next, the allfather and I went on a little trading trip across Calradia. Salt from Wercheg, Silk from Rivacheg, furs and wool from the villages, iron from Curaw and last but not least spice from Tulga ended up with anough money to buy a horse and a crossbow with bolts. The trip went on to the area around Dhirim, where we've started, to trade in the most undervalued goods in all Calradia: grain. Buy it for 4-6 denars per sack in any village around Dhirim and sell it at a 1000% gain in Uxkhal. After aprox 20 minutes of playtime I've increased our total savings to more than 2000 denars and won't stop until we've got a couple of businesses running out there. That's all for tonight, folks. See you tomorrow.

PICTURES
    [​IMG]
    Here's the new equipment.
    [​IMG]
    And here is our current party. I ditched some low-level guys for morale reasons.

7. Wolfsbane

Part 2:

MAKING MONEY
    and stuff...

So, with renewed funds and better gear, the all-father decided he wanted more of that shiny stuff. Needless to say, he went around the map like crazy in pursuit of cheap goods to trade. During his travels, several interesting opportunities presented themselves, such as:

-Villager Training and Rescue
    [​IMG]
    (a lot of Villager Asskicking was required, I might add)
    [​IMG]
    -Follower discovery...
    [​IMG]
    ...And rediscovery!
    [​IMG]
    -Businessing
    [​IMG]
    -Tournamenting
    [​IMG]
    ...And Boozing.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, folks. I'll be back with you soon.

8. werozzi

werozzi Member

oh man!
    I would join if my warband native wasn't that heavily modded, or is it permitted that you have mods?
    i.e: modifying slave capacity and changing some maps, especially the arena.
    I'm looking forward to see how allfather Velorien continues to develop.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

"I'm just passing through, let me play!"

10. Wolfsbane

PART THREE

CHARACTER GROWTH

The allfather has been really busy since we last met. Securing his mens weekly pay by means of setting up shops and trading was not enough, he wanted to make this little business of his profitable. So, he set up some more dyeworks and SHAZAM, 1000+ denars extra each week was now his to spend.

Having solved this for the time being, he set out to get his companions some training. Borcha wasn't really a fighter, and the only thing Ymira was good at was being in the kitchen makin sammiches for his knights. He figured the training fields were good places to train, yessir, but there was a more efficient (and entertaining) way to do this: solving quests for towns and villages. Not only does this result in experience gain for your companions and yourself; you get a better relation with the settlement in the bargain. Better relations means better/more troops when recruiting in villages and lower prices in the marketplace in towns.

Oh yeah, we met Marnid on the way and took him in. Also upgraded my equipment a little.

PICTURES

Killing some bandits for Praven
    [​IMG]

Veloriens new look
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, we've started dating this Swadian chick. She's major nobility (father owns a town and some castles).
    [​IMG]

The allfather in action (killing more bandits)
    [​IMG]

Marnid, the new dude
    [​IMG]

Velorien with his brand new Heraldic Mail. Feels good being near invincible.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, folks. I will do one more of these and then pass on the savegame.

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    This thread makes me want to try this game, but I understand that it is a sequel. What is the original like, and should I play that first?

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I ended up buying this game Smuel and I love it. From what I read Warband is the superior game in terms of stability and balance.

13. Wolfsbane

Warband is actually not a sequel, but an upgrade. I strongly recommend you to buy this game, it is awesome and fairly unique.

14. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Knowing how shitty vanilla M&B is in comparison to Warband is pretty cool, but after a while of playing Warband exclusively I had forgotten that the difference was so extensive.

I went back and played some M&B mods the other day and oh man. What a piece of shit.

15. Wolfsbane

LAST CHAPTER OF THE WOLFSBANE SAGA

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

So, having grown pretty powerful, the allfather cruised all around Calradia trading and smacking bandits and shit, but longed for more serious business.

The opportunity presented itself instantly.

When he happened to cruise by Uxkhal, he discovered that the town had recently been under attack and had a meager 120 troops in it, of which only 30 had ranged weapons. Eager to become truly powerful (and rich) he decided to stampede a few swadian villagers nearby and thus declare war on Swadia. Soon thereafter Uxkhal was besieged. It took the allfather sixteen hours and 19 casualties to win, but boy was it worth it. Borcha got to present him with the happy news:
    [​IMG]
    A stupid question, maybe, but then again Borcha is quite slow (in spite of his high intelligence...). Naturally, the allfather answered him that
    [​IMG]
    The name for his newfounded kingdom came naturally, as if inspired by some higher intelligence:
    [​IMG]
    He chose a banner for himself and joined the major nobility of the realm. He recieved his first paycheck almost immedietly; 25.000 denars of rents and tariffs from his town and two villages. Nice.
    [​IMG]
    However, despite of his high spirits and unbreakable morale, Velorien knew that he wasn't going to win a war against a well-established kingdom like Swadia all by himself. What he needed now was the protection of another faction. At least for the time being. It so happens that most of his dyeworks are located in Nord lands, so he chose to seek out Ragnar and "swear allegiance" to him. Ragnar accepted, eager to grab the possibility of including a rich town like Uxkhal into his realm.

So, alls well then? Not quite, I'm afraid. Velorien counted on having some time to build up his denfenses in Uxkhal; the Nords weren't at war with anyone and hadn't suffered or issued any provocations. But instead of keeping the peace (which the allfather desperately needed), they declared war on Swadia and lold.

Needless to say, after two days of war, this was the result:
    [​IMG]
    Dicks. So, to summerize, Velorien is 25.000 denars richer than before, is a vassal of King Ragnar (easily recitified) and has lost all of his men except for his companions and some Knights.

Thank you for reading. I'll forward the savegame in the morning. Good night.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Jesus, that texture quality.

18. Charonte

Charonte Member

Well done Wolfsbane.

Save has been forwarded onto Grakelin, the next player.

19. Wolfsbane

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Sorry, didn't realize I had this. Will play a bit tomorrow.

Our Host!