VFX Ressurection signup

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, May 11, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Swordsmen of the east! Gunslingers of the west! Headhunters, war-heroes, barbrawlers and terminators! Fighters of the universe, lend me your ears!

It's once again my sincerest honor to present to you, the gameshow that rocked the very foundations of time and space itself! The tournament which housed the most awesome fighters this world had ever seen! The dream of all ambitious fighters as well as the viewers at home! It's the Violence fights of Xtreme, back from the grave and here to stay!

Now, you all know how it's done, but just to make things absolutely clear I'm going to go over the basics one more time:

Two fighters enter, one fighter leaves. That's the cardinal rule of the show and it's as easy as pie. Then how does one determine the victor and loser of each fight? By voting, of course! When a game draws towards conclusion, it's up to the viewers to vote for their favourite fighter. The fighter who gets the most votes gets to kill his/her opponent in any way he/she pleases and moves on to the next match.

Now, here are e few guidlines for voting:
    - Don't vote for inactive fighters. We don't need lame fights.
    - Don't vote for people who refuses to get hit. Really badass fighters knows both how to kick ass and get their asses kicked, and the main criteria for signing up is being badass.
    - If you're in a fight and want to vote for yourself, you may.
    - One vote each, obviously.

So, with all of this formal stuff taken care of, go right ahead and sign up for the competition! We want everything from pro-wrestlers to psycho schoolgirls here; anything that might be considered badass or, if nothing else, hilarious. Remember, this game is as much about comedy as it is about awesomeness, so let your inner self go berserk on all the possibilities and produce that special character that you know is the most badass fighter ever. Then post it here.

If you have any questions, which I think some of you will have, go ahead and ask them right away.

Wolfsbane out.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I am SO VERY IN.

I'll post a character tomorrow, right now it's both fucking late (damn you, sleeping normal hours!) and only a few hours til microbiology, so I need my head to be on... relatively straight.

Hrm, guns...

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I'm in. Just let me, huh, think of something.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

How about a princess with a unicorn horn on her forehead and has the powers of rainbow. I think she would be called Princess Unicorn.

5. Wolfsbane

That sounds so very much like Axecop. Which is why it'd probably be ok.

6. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I need a new character. I will think on this.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm in, and I'll try not to lose interest.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

So I meant to have this in like seven hours ago, but my day (and indeed my life) has turned to shit - hopefully only temporarily, depending on what the doctor says tomorrow. So yeah, apologetic only totally not apologetic not even slightly Xiao.

(Man, I get so damn rambly when I'm stressed and angry.)

As usual, expect far too fucking much info.

Name: Hannah 'Hahn' Mahlay
    Speciality: Magic
    Race: Human

Ability List
    Foi: Single target fireball
    Wat: Linear ice blade attack
    Tsu: Single target auto-hit lightning bolt
    Megid: Air-based linear darkness attack
    Grants: Area effect ball of light
    Res: Heal self
    Anti: Heal statuses self
    Shift: Physical and mental strength boost
    Deban: Physical and mental defence boost
    Gelun: Physical and mental strength weakened
    Doran: Physical and mental defence weakened

Gear List
    Primary Weapon: Magi Circuit - Wand that enhances Tsu
    Secondary Weapon: Giacaboni - Slicer that can hit multiple targets at range
    Armour: Reflect Robe - Reduces magical/energy damage, 4 slots
    Slot 1: Hero/Mind - Boost mental strength
    Slot 2: HP Recovery 1 - Slowly regenerates health
    Slot 3: TP Recovery 1 - Slowly regenerates mental strength
    Slot 4: Element Boost - Enhances elemental spells
    Mag: Rappy (purple) - Flozir Photon Blast (temporarily negates the need to spend mental strength on magic, must be built up during a battle)

An inhabitant of the shattered world Coral, Hahn is a member of the Dairon City Hunter's Guild - which means if there's a threat, she'll face it, if there's ruins to be found, she'll find them, and MOST importantly - If there's money to be earned, she'll damn well earn it.

"Being a hero is good, but getting paid for it is better!" is her mantra, much to the frustration of her fellow hunters. Growing up as a cable worker, she's used to doing a difficult, dangerous and thankless job for fuck all money and even less respect, so if she's naturally a bit greedy now that there's money to be had, that's her own business.

She's not a bad person as such - she's not keen on blowing up innocent bystanders if she can help it - but she is rather self-centered. Her survival, comfort and well-being come first, and the survival of others comes second.

She comes across as quiet, shy and unassuming, but like a great many other mages, her unremarkable exterior hides some interesting explosions. She has short brown hair usually tucked under a blue and white cap, she wears a white shirt, blue pants, and white boots, and she carries either a stick covered in electronics or a big-ass shuriken into battle.

(Yes, this is my PSZ character. Fuck you. I enjoy playing her.)

9. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The spirit of Jerald the elementalist

The story:
    Jerald was once a powerful elementalist, an archmage of the greatest calliber. He had the greatest magical talent ever observed, and a drive for knowledge no guild or brotherhood could quench. Eventually, he could make earth burst into flame and swallow entire armies whole, thus easily becoming the king's magician. Having secured a position like that, he was free to seek lichdom to extend his life. Yet even the unliving flesh and bone had their limitations, so Jerald sought immortality through more drastic ways. He learned to burn the souls of others to empower his own. He also devised a way of freezing the souls into shards for later consumption, and was caught doing just that. Obviously, the practices were a lot more macabre then they sound, and the ensuing trial made the darkest necromancy look mild. Feared as he was, Jerald was cast out rather then executed, since nobody was brave enough to try him. Actually, nobody in the kingdom even knew how to slay an elemental lich.

Deprived of the comforts and privacy of his royal chambers, being the withered old lich he was, Jerald had to think of something. The answer to his problems laid in possession. He quickly found that capturing the bodies and minds of others and burning them up from inside was a lot more efficient and discrete then the dark rituals he used to engage in. Thus he continued to wonder the earth, experiencing it through the eyes of his victims, staying away from witch hunts and otherwise enjoying the relative immortality.

The character:
    Jerald is a ghost that became quite good at possessing others. He will appear either as a random possessed body or the previous VFX fighter - provided he actually defeats someone, that other character doesn't get incinerated in the process and the other player won't disallow it. Without a host he will appear as a wraith, either frozen or engulfed in flames or both. He can posses most creatures that are available at the scene or shape constructs from materials at the site, though that is quite costly and definitely inconvenient. While he won't die along with his body, destroying the host will definitely hurt the ghost.

Weapons:
    Through the ages he walked the world, Jerald has grown fond of firearms, because his powers tend to be a bit overkill for most situations that require protecting the host. He will likely start the fight with some light guns.

Powers:
    Jerald still has it. Anything from huge fireballs through hurricanes and earthquakes to conjuring glacier-sized frost bolts, he could probably do. These powers are costly however and powerful spells are known to damage unprepared hosts. He is capable of limited flight, in the form of long jumps with soft landings. Physically, he can push his host to the limits, being largely detached from the body's pain. He can easily jump between different bodies, potentially incinerating them as he goes to restore his powers.

10. Wolfsbane

Alright, two fighters already (and great ones at that)!

Come on now, everybody! Let's make this happen!

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

The Story

Princess Sparkle is beloved by all the denizens of Rainbowland, the magical dimension of love, sparkles and rainbows. The only food in Rainbowland is desserts! The land is all clouds with rainbow bridges and castles made of gingerbread and cupcakes. Princess Sparkle discovered a black portal one day while she was riding her flying unicorn Bubbles. This black doorway was odd in the sense that nothing like this existed in Rainbow land, she wasn't even sure black even existed. Telling Bubbles to wait by the portal she cautiously inspected it from a safe distance. Knowing she would need to step closer to properly gauge what this portal was she proceeded to close the gap until she was sucked into the portal!

Name Princess Sparkle
    Gender Female
    Race Human
    Specialty Rainbow magic

Abilities:
    Rainbow Blast: fires a burst of light with all the colours of the rainbow in all directions. Will stun anyone who does not look away at the time of the blast.
    Rainbow Star: fires a golden star with a rainbow trail. The star will explode upon impact causing all the colours of the rainbow to burst from the target.
    Strawberry Kiss: blows a kiss into the air, the giant red lips will follow its tagert until it kisses you on the lips causing you to fall asleep.
    Bubbles: summons Bubbles her flying unicorn that farts rainbows and smells like cupcakes. Bubbles will aid her for 60 seconds before exploding much like a Rainbow Blast.

Yes? No?

12. Wolfsbane

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*cracks up* Wolfsbane, I am begging you, BEGGING you to let Hahn and Princess Sparkle go at each other. You have no idea how bad I need this.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    The Story

High above the mucky muck in a castle made of clouds, there sat Wonderboy, he sat there so proudly. He turned down all requests from people who wanted to be taken away from the mucky muck, and refused the explain the secret of his powers. There was also a brief conflict with Young Nasty Man, but they joined forces before they got the chance to kill one another. Out of boredom, Wonderboy joined the VFX.

Name: Wonderboy
    Race: Human
    Specialty: Once played the best song in the world, only to forget it.

Abilities:

Mind bullets: Psychic blasts with enough punch to kill a yak from 200 yards away.

The power of flight: That's levitation, Holmes!

Equipment:

Broadsword, purchased with royalties from an old SEGA franchise.

16. Charonte

Charonte Member

Careful, in the third saga he is stripped of his broadsword and all of his magical powers. You will be forced out of the castle and turned into a wonderless lizard.

I only mentioned it as it happens to be one of the better games I've played/

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

That may be, but I'll tell you this. It will be an EPIC, INSANE, EXPLOSIVE LOSS WORTHY OF SAGAS.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    It is.

And I'm not even nearly as good at those games as I was in the day. I always get stuck at the Samurai Dragon in WB3, just can't seem to beat him.

Anyway, emulators are awesome.

20. Wolfsbane

Awesome fighter, DE!

Now we only need a few more to be fully operational! Then, the mindless violence finally begins!

Our Host!