Strange buff/Debuff

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Matnjord, May 2, 2012.

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

1. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Hello Terra Arcanum, I am in need of help!

I recently restarted playing this great game so I went with flashy evil necromancer as I always played as a techie before. Anyway, I am only level 5 right now and just before/during a trip to Dernholm I seem to have picked a strangest curse. I noticed during the trip that I had one less action point than before, but didn't got worried too much, thinking I was just encumbred.
    After a while I gained a level and so opened my character sheet only to find that for some reason I had a bonus of +1 in strenght and constitution but a -3 intelligence, -2 in perception, dexterity and charisma!
    The curses/blessings shows only a blessing by Arbalah, and I don't have any injuries. I have tried sleeping, passing lots of time, even healing but the debuff stays.

So, does anyone knows where I got this illness/curse/whatever? And how could I cure it? Keep in mind that I only did stuff in Shrouded Hills and didn't even reached Dernholm when this horrible fate befelled my character.

With respect, Matnjord

EDIT: hum, turns out that after playing a little bit more, I gained some positive allignment points which brought me from -6 to -2 and suddenly I don't have those modifiers :-o How come a little allignement shift brought those modifiers?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm New Member

Did you get rid of any equipment during that time? Some items are hexed, and can result in strange status effects.

I don't recall precisely which item or items would do that (the effects you mentioned). I'm also unaware of what items are so drastically affected by alignment of such a small adjustment, if any at all - then again, I've not played in some time.

3. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Yep, I tried getting rid of all my equipment, even advancing a day after that, no dice.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm New Member

What version are you running? Do you at least have it patched to 1.0.7.4?

All that currently comes to mind is making a character drink, but that doesn't last through a day unless you're actively using alcohol every time your PC sobers up.

5. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Where can I check the version number?

Didn't drink nothing. In any case I'm back to alignement -9 and no modifier yet. It seems like I freaked out for nothing, but it's still really odd, I tried everything, saving/reloading, quitting the game, and it still lasted for a month and suddenly it disapeared when I got the ring from the sewers for the guy at the beggining of Tarant. Meh...

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Active Member

Attack from the Lethe Wyvern can drop maximum intelligence, apart from that I've got nothing.

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt New Member

Also a few hexed items could permanently change your stats pre-UAP.