Orc riot at the factory: peaceful solution.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Solaris, Nov 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I know it's possible to somehow solve this quest without getting the orc leader killed one way or another. But I didn't get any dialog option leading to it. What exactly is needed to be able to do it? High charisma? Persuasion? (I have charisma of 12 + expert persuasion, 2 points + elixir). Or should I talk to someone before doing it?

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I had same charsima and persuasion and achieved peaceful solution so your stats are ok here. What intelligence do you have? It unfluences what dialog options you get.

There is a gnome outside of factory who asks you to solve things in a peaceful manner. He even gives you a key to the factory iirc. Hence if you had not spoken with him that's where I'd place the source of your problem.

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It's purely to do with the order to talk to people in. If you talk to the captain first, you cannot complete it peacefully. You HAVE to talk to the peaceful Gnome first to get the peaceful options.

4. Immortal_Wombat

Immortal_Wombat New Member

Untrue, just now I have talked to the captain first, and the gnome second, and i resolved the situation peacefully.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well it didn't work for me, the gnome said there was nothing that could be done. I have intelligence of 19, is it not enough? :???:

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

It is more than enough. Perhaps it's your alignment. Are you evil? Or perhaps not too good for the gnome? It might be also some deed you did :) long ago. Maybe you have someone evil in your party. Or an orc which might suggest that you are for slavery. I really don't know what could possibly be wrong in your case.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Are you patched? Are you modded? IIRC, expert persuasion should work.

8. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Yes, you need to talk to Babcoc, the council gnome. Maybe you didn't select the right option first and then it didn't show later. Or he knows if you talk to Capt. Wheeler and thinks you support him. Which race are you? It may be important if you're an half-orc (I don't know if it does anything really).

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have gotten the peaceful solution with a 1/2 Orc diplomat.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

You CAN talk to the captain first, but if he says anything about the situation, or merely hints that you should solve it, then Babcock won't give you the quest. However, it's OK if Wheeler hates you. Babcock must not think that you're friends with captain wheeler.

11. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I think that your charisma and persuation aren't high enough. I didn't go near there, waiting until the master persuation quest to do that one. If you're not going to do that, than I'd just get those two a bit higher.

12. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

I didn't really like that quest, when I tried it, the first thing I did was royally botch it. :grin:

13. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

Our Host!