Mage Build Help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Drake2, Aug 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I remember reading that he could join you, but isn't he involved with one of the endings? I usually insult him about being an adventurer which never ends the way he would like it to.

2. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

Another fun thing to do to Lukan and his buddies is drop crappy weapons such as railroad spikes on the ground and wait for them to pick them up and equip them.

Suddenly, the half-ogres do a lot less damage than they would if they were unarmed. And you don't even need any pick pocket skill.

As far as spells go, the Temporal college includes one that makes turn-based combat way too easy because the bad guys usually run out of action points before they can do anything to you. So there's that. Another spell makes you faster.

I haven't ever used Summoning, but I hear it's really cool.

Morph spells can be fun if you want something a little different. Weaken, for example, makes some enemies really easy to kill.

3. Drake2

Drake2 New Member

While on the topic of followers, is Loghaire Thunderstone any good? I've never taken him along.
    And I've decided to go with Temporal Magic after I get some stats up.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Loghaire gets 20 Strength which is the most important thing in melee followers. Being a dwarf however his Dex doesn't get higher than 18, but that's not something a pair of Enchanted War Boots or a Charged Ring or two won't fix.

5. Arkain

Arkain New Member

Loghaire also offers some (voiced) dialogue with Magnus and Raven, so yes, I would recommend taking him along.

6. moq

moq New Member

Hi everyone, a neophite here.

My lvl26 mage has stats as follows

[​IMG]

In spells I have Temporal, Fire and Conveyance up to 5, Necro up to 3,
    plus Shield of Protection and Minor Healing.

Where do I invest now?

Thanks in advance.

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

CN to at least 18, IN to about 16 if you want to sustain more spells, Force up to 5. That's 19 CPs then put the rest wherever you want. I personally dump the rest into fatigue.

8. kaeroku

kaeroku New Member

No... you only need 11 con, then the amulet of N'tala adds 50% which boosts you to 6 regen, it can't go higher...

Unless I missed something about new Con rules, but for a newbie not running any weird mods you don't need more than 11 Con. Hope this helps.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My elven mages typically leave their Constitution at 6. A low Con is really only an obstacle in the very beginning. Once you have a good ensorcelled staff and the economy to buy all the potions you want (which happens early in Arcanum, especially if you put a few points in Haggle, which is quite intuitive for mages with their high Willpower scores), your character's fatigue score is quite irrelevant.

Our Host!