Update #39 - From the Feed of the Director Part III

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Aug 16, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Greetings adventurers! We're back with another episode of 'From the Feed of the Director.' This time we have a few surprises for you, as we look into our internal Obsidian blogs and pull out only the juiciest insights. You'll also get some information on some of the things that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Game Director, Josh Sawyer, has shared on social media as well, for the gadfly-types among you.

In this video (all footage is work-in-progress):
    • "This ship's wheel is too darn big!"
    • Bombs of the Deadfire - to throw, or not to throw?
    • Guns Work Best When You Line Up and Everyone Shoots at Once, by Ulysses S. Magran
    • Dancin' and barfin'
    • Yes, Josh's cat is in the game again

In our next video, Josh is going to explain the multiclassing and subclassing systems while showing them off in the game. And yes, you will see multiclass names!

We also want to remind everyone that Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition is coming to consoles in just a couple of weeks! You can pre-order now for the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and explore Eora from the comfort of your couch as of August 29th.

Thank you for joining us and we'll see you in a few of weeks for Update 40!

In case you missed out on exploring Neketaka, check out our last update!

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Console PoE sounds interesting, seeing as - as far as I know - there's still a fair few bugs in the PC version it seems like it would be pretty annoying.

I'm interested to hear about the multiclassing in the next update, but in some ways PoE had a very complicated character building system compared to most RPGs so I'm not sure how well adding an additional level of complexity will play out.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I might even be bothered to leave the first town if the PS4 version was half decent.

Our Host!