Loghaire is an ageist?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by strohghand, May 17, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. strohghand

strohghand New Member

I've gone to T'sen-Ang and all that jazz and I went to recruit Loghaire, and he refuses to join me on the grounds of "You are but a child. Come back when you have experienced more of the world." Admittedly, my character's age is somehow 15 and has remained at 15 for 4 game years. Is this actually related to my age stat, or some other stat? How can I recruit him from here?

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

It's related to your level, you need to be at least equal to his level (which I think is 30 something, if I remember correctly).

Welcome to the forums!

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Speaking of which, characters will finally age in the next version of the unofficial patch.

4. Jojobobo

A new version, eh? Call me intrigued. Broadly speaking, what are you looking to fix and add-in/restore?

Also if you were looking to keep your Easter Egg list up to date, I noticed this a while back. I guess one of the devs had a thing for The Fog, given it's also referenced in Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I had no idea you were still working on it. Is the number simply going to go up or will there be actual ramifications to it?

6. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

A lot more bug fixes, plenty of them on the engine level, a new command line arg to enable Troika's original cheat mode, 'schematics' option in the follower context window, because... now their character sheets are active and you can disable their auto-level scheme and spend their character points manually, a la Dragon Age. See screenshots and explanation here.

High Resolution patch also gets a beefy update with HD backgrounds for main menu, bordering, numerous UI fixes, many options to play with, including preload distance (how much of the game world do you want to be active at once). I'll also compile a size 18 dialog font from the original TTF.

Etc, etc, been working on all of this for the last month. Also, I'm not as grumpy nowadays, so I'm reverting the permanent follower glitch failsafe.

HQ Townmaps, HQ Music and Extra Animations will all be bundled in together, because the bandwidth is p much a non-issue nowadays. Yes, the Extra Animations pack got looked at again as well, all lingering issues with it are now fixed.

There will also be an option to unlock Dark Elves, Ogres and Orcs for general play, I've done all the necessary coding to make them fully playable, including their own portraits (reused various beta portraits), backgrounds and reaction modifiers. I'm currently going thru all dialogs and scripts that check for race and making necessary adjustments/additions.

Oh, and I've just released a new version of Virgil's Debug Menu with even more features. And it finally works with all 3 versions of Virgil. Get it here.

Well I would if I still had FTP access to T-A. Maybe restore my privileges since the new patch is coming and I'll need a webpage anyway?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Jojobobo likes this.
  7. Jojobobo

Sounds like great stuff, thanks for your efforts as always. Hopefully the mods will re-grant some access to sort this stuff out.

8. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Hi Drog, it's an honor to talk to you sir.
    I have a question about the new Virgil's Debug Menu, if I give the ring back to Bates can I still use the Menu?

9. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Don't give him the ring. Or just use a fate point to pickpocket it back.

10. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Hmm, I always gave him back the ring, I think it is more valuable to him and I feel is the right thing to do. I guess I will have to spend a fate point. (I secretly wish the ring was not needed to open the Menu :))
    OK, thanks a lot sir.

Our Host!