Arcanum is on Steam now apparently

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Muro, Aug 30, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Of STEAMworks and magick obscura, eh? EH??

I'll see myself out.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Interesting. I sort of feel sorry for people who try to play this without the patches and Drog's fixes and so forth. I use steam occasionally myself, I wonder how motivated people are on there to go and fix up the older games they buy.

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

How about that. Perhaps the forums will rise from this undignified, drawn out death. Make sure to reply in every steam thread that if someone want answers to their questions, they should visit Terra Arcanum.

We could even spread misinformation if we're really desperate. We are, right?

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

90% of the steam forum for the game is in Russian. Didn't we ban that nation back in the day?

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Russians weren't banned (as far as I know), but they're visible on the Steam forums for the same reason they largely as a community chose to stick to their own site rather than frequent TA. They very much prefer to communicate in Russian, which creates a language barrier and results in them interacting pretty much only with other Russian-speaking players.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I know one of the admins banned Russia back in the days. At one point all of Asia was banned aswell. Having low tech admins with lots of bots rolling in made it easier to just ban countries than to actually upgrade the forum.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Hey! I resemble that remark.

And the Russia ban was actually just to keep one particularly annoying guy off the website.

Not sure I'm okay with Steam presenting Arcanum as a 'Sierra Classic' with almost no mention of Troika.

Our Host!