Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Anderson!

If you're talking about independent pictures showing the new areas, I never created any. Sorry.
    The area you mentioned with the big snake was to be part of the Mines of Moria addition, and no townmap was ever created for the trails to or from.

Muro: Thanks for covering for me. :thumbup:

2. S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new and am dying to try out Arcanum once again after all these years!!!

I have a question regarding Muro's instructions - I see there are two different versions of a HQ Music patch? I've also noticed that the HQ Townmaps aren't in the list - is that module incompatible? Or am I missing something?

Also, you note that this module in progress might be game-breaking. I see that it is currently in production, i.e. BETA, meaning that for security it should probably be avoided unless I want to join the beta-testers?
    I noticed that it was released over five years ago, does that mean that it was discontinued just like the Unofficial Patch or there are some plans for a new version to come some time in the future?

3. pl1982

pl1982 New Member

Hi there rroyo,

Firstly, thank you so much for a great expansion module to the original game. I just wanted to know: are there any plans from your side to one day finish WIP? It would be a shame to leave this creation unfinished.

Again, thank you for what you have already accomplished and know that there are others like me picking up this gem of a game again from time to time and finding great value in what you have created.

Regards,
    pl1982

4. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

schematics sheet metal, results in crash

Hi Rroyo,

Thanks for the great mod! Too see the effort put into it, its really wonderful. I have just discovered it recently. All thos backgrounds to choose from!

By the way i bought the schematics for sheet metal at the blacksmith in Blackroot.
    But when i try to read it (right click), the game crashes.

I know this was mentioned before in this thread, but the link you provided in 2008 is gone.
    Can you or anyone help in solving this?

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re: schematics sheet metal, results in crash

Which link?

6. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

Hi Muro,

Nevermind i reinstalled the game, the new schematics work fine.

However another issue crop up. If i buy stuff in Vormantown, the shopkeepers dont restock.
    Is this normal or just a bug?

Also in Tarant you can buy the Automaton Gunner schematics. I read long time ago that it didnt work or hyou would get a normal automaton.. reason is that coding is difficutl. Does the Automaton Gunner work in WIP?

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Admittedly the last time I played WIP was ages ago, but from what I recall the shopkeepers in Vormantown might have indeed be of the never restocking type.

Also, I don't think any mod made so far contained a functional automaton gunner.

8. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

Thanks Muro

Edit: By the way Anaesthisizer can be bought at the shops! I'm not sure if it was on the vanilla also or WIP only. I think the latter. Now i can make tranquilizer gun and knock out gass.

Now i wonder who would want to invest in chemistry anymore... well ok except Hallucinite, cause you need that for elixer of hypnotic suggestion..mind control for the win!

9. S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. New Member

Re:

Can anyone answer me? I'm not sure what's going on...

10. BioVass

BioVass New Member

Is it okay if I don't have arcanum.patch1 and arcanum5.dat?

11. Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril

Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril Member

hello. i recently discovered this game thanks to GOG and then this mod, i'm wandering if there is going to be a 7.0, and if not is there a way to use the moding tool with this version

12. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

There has been no activity from rroyo for quite some time, so it's fairly safe to assume that this will be a WIP until the end of time, if not further.

13. Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril

Dr. Ferb Wallace Mythril Member

14. Hark

Hark New Member

With Arcanum's release on Steam I thought I would give it a try with some new stuff. Saw this mod and it looks fantastic. The problem is that immediately after Virgil talks to my character in the beginning the game crashes. Is this a known issue with a fix that I haven't been able to find or something I'm going to have to figure out on my own?

I have also tried it on the GOG version and with and without the High Res and High Quality map mods. I also made sure not to update it to the latest UAP as there is already an older UAP integrated into the mod and the newest version of the UAP is supposed to conflict with WIP.

Thanks in advance.

15. namad

namad Member

My guess is that either the steam version is modified somehow so that the patches don't work at all.... or you tried installing two mods at once?
    I've never had a problem like the one you're describing but if steam version adds steam drm to the game it might modify the .exe which might break some patches? Just guessing.
    I still have my original copy of the game, so I haven't felt a need to pay anyone for it again.

16. Hark

Hark New Member

As I seem to be consistently having problems with different mod setups across multiple versions of the game I'm currently looking into issues my computer may be having to cause problems.

17. namad

namad Member

I'm on windows7 and things work fine, maybe your issue is related to 8 or 10?

18. moonlight

moonlight Member

Hi I just Installed the WIP with my GOG version and did all the steps yet after the installation the game doesn't seem to apply the changes, has anybody tried this on gog ? I have windows 10. PS. can someone reupload the Arcanum 5.dat file ? Rroyo's link in the first post seems broken

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  19. moonlight

moonlight Member

Hello guys, its been a while but the whole WIP link does not work, can someone please help and reupload the whole hack again ?

20. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

If my memory doesn't making tricks on me I should have it in my pc. I'll try to upload it here as soon as I can.

Our Host!