Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, Jan 13, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

No I thought it was a strange coincidence. It has been both pondered and ignored for millennia, you're quite right.

Given the usual argument is that dna is way complex so therefore jehova, though, I figured it was an original idea for discussion.

But of course I've heard a bunch of nonsense beyond Genesis, including deluded hippies and ufo cult pamphlets, and like ten tousand sci fi novels. I enjoy entertaining ideas without necessarily believing in them. Honestly, I expected a savage rebuttal from you, but I thought you would be more logical. I guess we're both making assumptions about each other based on a narrow sample of past behaviour.

Anyway, my question is what are the odds?

Oh, and I was making fun of your ignorant question with the faceholeball babytalk dude. What do you mean, what? Two degrees diameter. Come on man.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Go to your room!

TheDavisChanger likes this.
  3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    But your mom has just asked me to go to her room.

4. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Additionally, being external to the body, the testicles have some room to escape the body and its heat. This is an instance of intelligent design that protects the temperature-sensitive sperm. Somebody should have brought this up already. Why am I the authority on balls?
    If all of the components for DNA were already present in the primordial soup but not arranged in such a way to actually make DNA, then isn't each not-DNA as probable as the DNA? If we can accept not-DNA occurring spontaneously then we should have as easy a time accepting that DNA occurred spontaneously.
    A sufficient amount of time has passed since Allah created the Earth six thousand years ago that DNA was inevitable.

There is no dislike function for puns, but as long as you all shoot them down, I'll like your post.

5. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Except wouldn't intelligent design have made the sperm not so temperature-sensitive and kept the testies with the rest of the protected viscera in the abdomen. (actually the same argument can be made for evolution, also)

TheDavisChanger likes this.
  6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The design is intelligent, not necessarily infallible. Who ever said anything about infallible design?

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I guess that's my point:

Hypothetical planetary and/or genetic engineers are only that.

It is very human to ontologically dump every notion of god into the concept.

Pushing the moon or seeding the earth doesn't mean complete mastery over phyics.

Being older than humanity doesn't mean older than the universe.

Creating life on earth doesn't make them your mum.

8. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Quite right. It's being referenced by a sexual innuendo that makes someone your mom.

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Now I have to ask...

Are you spelling it in the American way for general consistency or is it now also the English spelling too?

10. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
Our Host!