Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I'd like to think he won't be the nominee. But judging by primaries past, it seems the candidate that gets the most attention from the media gets the nomination.

The thought of Trump as my commander in chief is slightly terrifying, but I'm like 82% sure it won't come to that.

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I agree with Japes 82%.

Good morning.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
  5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

So I didn't think this idea was worth a thread, in fact I thought to make a thread around this idea would feel like grasping for things to talk about - which is disingenuous as we all have interesting opinions so to post such a derivative thread would have been a disservice. But anyway, what other forums do you have a high post count for? I was genuinely surprised to find I have a post count of 500+ on the Bethesda forums, I suppose when you add up Fallout: New Vegas (which I really really liked), Skyrim (which I liked) and then Fallout 4 (which I'm trying to convince myself to like) it all adds up.

And, good morning.

EDIT: Speaking of Bethesda forums, I got annoyed. Some of you have previously made light of my OCD, and rightfully so, it's a ridiculous illness and I'm not going to defend it - however I've grown sick and fucking tired of idiots going, "OMG I mst CLEAN in games, because I Have gmr OCD, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!" It insults everyone's damn intelligence, including my own. Apologies for being a preachy assbag as per usual, and feel free to tear me a new one over my over-touchy attitude.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Jojobobo, you are not at all over-touchy in my opinion.

I'd say you're over-polite towards assholes, and that leads to being frustrated.

If you're preachy, it's only because you try to be reasonable when ranting.

I watched an interesting documentary last week about harm OCD, which was most illuminating, and it is particularly tragic that the most prosocial instinct - to avoid harming others - gets caught in the feedback loop and makes the nicest people so miserable.

So, maybe it would help to think of me as your anti-conscience in this case: They are cunts, you are right to fucking hate them. You are awesome.

Good morning.

P.s., no there is no elaborate sarcasm here.

7. Jojobobo

Well thanks for the compliments, and...

Good morning.

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of it as insulting your self-doubt, but you're welcome.

Good morning.

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I agree. Jojobobo has always been too courteous with me.

Good morning.

10. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Good evening.

I have nothing else to contribute.

11. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ah, yes.
    I seem to have forgotten my social obligation.

Good Morning.

12. Jojobobo

Thought I was moving to Munich, turns out I'm not. My supervisor had an offer to take a post at the LMU where they would have made a new biology lab for him to his specification in addition to the existing top of the range chemistry lab, and also provide him funding for the rest of his career for 8 post doc positions - no more filling out grant applications every other week.

However as enough post docs weren't keen on the move essentially because they're whipped (which in my mind really seems like a temporary problem, post docs are normally only 2-3 year positions and most of the current lot have been here for over a year already) he's decided to remain at the mid-level Russell Group (the shit British version of the Ivy League) university I'm at currently, rather than move to one of the top 25 universities for chemistry in the world. Further, now he's spurned their extremely generous offer, I'm sure word will get round and he'll never be offered anything similar again. It's complete madness.

On that cheery note, good morning.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah, that doesn't sound like it's the real reason. Like he may say "Oh, well, not enough of my post-docs want to move with me, so that's why." But that's not a reason, it's a justification. The real reason will be that he doesn't want to move to Munich, or that he's scared of change or the responsibility, or something like that. If he did want to move, he'd be like "Screw you guys, I'm going home. Which is in Munich now."

Psychoanalogy!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that your dreams of living under increasingly nationalistic German authorities won't be realised.

Good morning.

14. Jojobobo

I'd say it's almost certainly that, which still seems ridiculous given how good it would have been for his career. It has at least given him bargaining power with my uni, so on the plus side I should be able to use some better facilities either way, and seeing as he would have been moving in September and I'm about a year and a half away from finishing he said he would have only wanted me there for 3-6 months regardless. Still it would have looked great on my CV, and I'm pretty much in mourning over all the beer, sausage and legal prostitutes I could have had.

Thanks for your commiserations. I know I've been awfully thankful around here lately so I'll try harder to interject with more incoherent abuse to redress the balance - you motherless son of a monkey scrotum muncher.

And, good morning.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  15. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    He may indeed be a monkey scrotum muncher (I hear that it is quite lucrative in some countries), but he's not motherless.
    I just spoke to her this morning when I said, "Your money's on the dresser. Get out."

Good morning.

Jojobobo likes this.
  16. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    It's true, my mother does contribute to the economy.

Good morning.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

18. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    I clicked on the ads.
    Aren't I a good dog?

Good Morning.

19. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media: