Modding Tools

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by rusty2226, Jul 28, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rusty2226

rusty2226 New Member

I guess this is where I am supposed to post this, since someone suggested to From GOG. I recently got into Arcanum Modding and made a few tools. ArBE (Arcanum Background Editor), and Just finished Another tool called ArPic (For Portraits.)

ArBE right now Allows you to input basic Backgrounds for now. It has its own file format and also allows auto numbering so when you add a background from a loaded file, its automatically inserted into the game with the correct info and Autocounted properly.(The problem I have seen with custom backgrounds is normally you have to overwrite the mes files or modify it which can be confusing to new users. So you can't use multiple background packs).

Update 7/30/15:
    ArBE Now has a effect.mes patcher.

Update 8/7/2015:
    Minor Update, ArBE Had a Effect.mes Breaking error. Had missed a new line break on the Program.
    [​IMG]

ArPic allows easy Portrait Adding and Removing. removing also resets the proper count for the Portrait.MES and uses an API to Allow you to Oil Paint the image to make it closer look to Arcanum portraits. It also uses Infranview to convert the final image to the proper 256 Color BMP on the final Output.
    [​IMG]

Website Link

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    FactualInsanity likes this.
  2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    These tools sounds great. Unforunately, it well be awhile before I can try them.
    I look forward to the reviews of the other residence here who's life isn't busy kicking them in the balls, thus having the inclination and time to invest in said review and I really hate this run on sentence, but can't seem to stop myself...

3. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

It is great that there are still Arcanum modders active, and new ones appearing to the scene! I will try your modding tools during this weekend, and share my thoughts about them when I have done so. Keep up the good work!

4. rusty2226

rusty2226 New Member

Had a few logic problems coding today, so now you will be able to At least edit imported/added backgrounds next update :3. Just have to finish off writing a few of the classes.

5. rusty2226

rusty2226 New Member

Some More Minor updates today:

-Cleaned up some confusing code and added some comments to source.
    -Added manifest file to for UAC to show admin
    -The code to edit backgrounds is there, just not visible yet
    -Hopefully finally fixed that effect.mes Bug that has been driving me insane..

6. rusty2226

rusty2226 New Member

New Tool just for those people that are making Mods: Effects Patcher

Just a Separate tool for those modders that are making custom EXE's that need higher effects
    [​IMG]

on1ondevelopment likes this.
  7. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Hi

I'm glad to see another dev involved in Arcanum modding, nice tools please keep them coming!

On a side note I noticed the UI on your screenshots looks like it was made on (and probably for) Windows 10, maybe with Visual Studio 2015? XAML UI?

I really like VS2015 Community on my Surface, but I usually code with Delphi for UI apps.

8. rusty2226

rusty2226 New Member

These are Made on VS 2015 correct, but I don't use XAML UI and it is .NET 4.0 so it can be backwards compatible to Windows XP. ArBE right now is also being rewritten with an idea for MONO for those rare Linux users and Also a new API that will eventually be open source so people can make their own tools via .NET/Mono. They are actually made on WinForms. The reason you see the screenshots of course of windows 10 is well.... I use windows 10.

Our Host!