Random Encounters bug - random walls appearing

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by The Pigeon, May 7, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Anyone else find that when playing a custom module sometimes when you get random encounter it creates a single section of a grey wall? Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hi. I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by "random encounter". What is that ?

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Does he mean when you're traveling on the world map and get stopped?

4. Nataku

Nataku Member

Never saw that, sorry:(

5. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Wait.
    Do you mean you've never had a wall appear during one of these encounters?
    -or-
    Do you mean you've never been stopped while auto-traveling from Point 'A' to Point 'B' for combat with kite/bear/ruffian/etc.?

Because if it's the later, you have been extremely luck and I'll need a lock of your hair or a finger bone for my Medicine Pouch.

6. Nataku

Nataku Member

The first one of course o_O

No, thanks :eek:

7. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

@Nataku

Strange, maybe it's something with my module... hm... do any of your custom modules have custom monsters? Or need any hex editing of Arcanum/World Ed to work for that matter?

8. Nataku

Nataku Member

Whooo, sorry for the late answer...
    Actually, when I was playing to the main module, I used the base version of Arcanum, not a custom. So I guess I could not have ever seen that matter.
    And about the arcanum.exe I give with CrossRoad, I precised to do not use with Arcanum so no, I don't get random encounter with custom module.

9. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

No worries. I've actually been focusing on learning to program games again based on a huge tutorial series so I'll probably end up making my module like that instead of with world ed. I've spent a lot of time on my module with world but being able to import 3D models and make it the way I want has gotten more and more appealing the more I use worlded :p I have enjoyed playing my module but it's quick to finish the currently made stuff -to much longer to learn and make though! :p

Having said all that I do get itches to work on it from time to time so when I'm not working during the day I might write some more dialogue for it.

Our Host!