A new french module

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Nataku, Sep 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nataku

Nataku Member

They are supposed to be different :
    The meaning of the first sentence is a calling, she invite the spirits to come to her house/to her.
    The meaning of the second is a invitation to the spirits to "enter inside her"/to come inside her. You can change/adapt the sentence if you think it is necessary to clarify their sense.

You're right, she talking of the ferrymen

2. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Ok I finished editing all the dialogues. How do you want me to send them to you?

3. Nataku

Nataku Member

You can use any way that you please : GoogleDrive if you have an account, sendspace, yousendit, ...
    You can give me a link to any file hoster you want in pm. :D

Thanks you very munch, you will obviously be credited when the module will be over :thumbup:

4. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Uploaded to google drive. I never really used it before so let me know if it works. If not I'll upload to mediafire.

Thanks for the credits, and what? the module ends :eek: It's too good to end!

Something I've noticed.
    I'm not quite sure how it works but, if you trigger the Nathaniel Eventide boss, there are no dumb dialogue options in any of the later dialogues (when you confront him). I'm assuming this is due to needing a high intelligence to trigger the event in the first place. I'm not sure how your workaround is but, couldn't you theoretically get drunk and lower your intelligence to -4 thus breaking the dialogue?

5. Nataku

Nataku Member

It should have been right ?
    But I never gave alcohol on the module, nor intellect potion, to avoid that kind of problem. The only alcohol I gave in on the pirate boat, and the wines bottle there are not "functional" (I will check but it should be too in the english demo).
    Some when a character give a intelligence sentence, he obviously have a good intelligence, and can not lower it after :D

Btw, your link works perfectly. Thanks you

(When I was talking of the module end, it should be in... several years :lol:

6. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello everyone 0:)
    You can greatly thanks Chaoswizard98 : if you have read our dialogue, you already know that he corrected all the first demo dialogues.
    You can download an add-on (1.61 Demo to 1.7) in my signature with all these corrections.
    Thanks you a lot (one again :thumbup: ).

The first translation of the 2.0 demo is on the way too, but this time it will be in two steps :
    -I translate as good as I can thanks to Google Drive and my (little) linguistic knowledges
    -Chaoswizard98 will correct the dialogues

Be patient, I really do as fast as I can (but it's really really really long and boring :bunny: )

7. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Hey,

I've been able to install a fresh copy of arcanum yesterday , I'll test the english version this time.
    Thanks Nataku, and thanks to Chaoswizard98 for the translation. Can't wait to play!

Glad to see such quality in Arcanum module, keep up the good work :thumbup:

8. Nataku

Nataku Member

Thanks you. Because you have played to the french one too, you may be abble to see some strange translations.

I must tell that because of my medical studies, the translation does not go on quickly. Sorry :(

9. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

No problem, school and whatnot always come first :)

10. Byzantine

Byzantine Member

Having just played some of the demo, Nataku, the game looks quite promising. Thank you for taking the time to work on it, and I'm very much looking forward to the end product. Being a French module, I'm somewhat disappointed, however, by the distinct lack of croissants and cigarettes in the game!

11. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re:

Thanks for playing. There are others french touches, but no croissants :lol:
    (But why cigarettes ? :/ )

12. Nataku

Nataku Member

A new character...
    [​IMG]
    Even if he will not have a major role, I love his design...

on1ondevelopment likes this.
  13. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello...
    I saw almost all screenshot disappeared, and with the end of "free" imageshack, almost all image until now will soon disappear.
    So I will re-upload them on servimg :
    (Sorry if they have less sense without the explications, and I could not restore all the screenshots, just the ones which are included in the goodies file of the module, not all the "promo" others)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Nataku

Nataku Member

15. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

16. Nataku

Nataku Member

Actually, for still 1,5 year, I'm presently focusing on my studies (these is the most difficult period of them), and then I will come back to modding Arcanum. Just can't wait that :D

17. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

I wish I was able to speak French. Your module is absolutely fantastic, but I cannot understand its storyline without knowing the language.

18. Nataku

Nataku Member

Yeah, it takes very long time but I will finish the translation one day.
    Be patient still 1,5 year. :oops:

19. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

I did try your version 1.6 demo yesterday evening though, and that is in English. So far, I've enjoyed it - the music and map design is great!

20. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello everyone...
    An important modification have been done tonight on a already translated dialog.
    This modification erase a bug the make CrossRoad impossible to finish in the english version.
    Please, for the players, download on the GoogleDrive folder the update 6.1 to 7 version, even you have already did.
    The corrested dialog is included in the add-on.
    Thanks you

Our Host!