Interesting editor...

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by DivinePonies, Apr 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DivinePonies

DivinePonies Member

Starts as a blatant promotion for unrelated RPG, but there's more.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpGvBZD0q4A[/youtube]
    The guy talking said it's possible to recreate Torment and Baldur's Gate in this editor (he actually challenged people to do it when editor comes out).
    Features turn based combat, supports up to 6 party members (so far), coop multiplayer and so on.
    Apparently it's quite easy and fast, high chance that it'll be possible to change some rules and mechanics, importing models is highly likely too. I say it's the perfect thing for someone more enthusiastic to create Arcanum in it (or at least parts of it).

2. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New Member

Highly possible and would be well welcomed. I'm not sure if Activision (or whoever owns the rights) would stop the project though, but I think they wouldn't care. Much like how no-one cares about if parts (textures etc.) of Doom or old Build engine games are used somewhere. The game is old enough that it has been likely forgotten in terms of intellectual property.

3. DivinePonies

DivinePonies Member

I always wanted to necro a thread, and what better way to do it than to necro my own!

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads ... Post508328

Haven't yet had the chance to try it out (game was released only days ago), but this is pretty much an RPG maker. It will get improved and more powerful and with enough man-power you can create anything. I believe importing is not yet working, but that will come too. Drool people. I know no one will be insane enough to take on the mission to make Arcanum in this, but a man can always dream.

Our Host!