Modding Tool: Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 (01-2020)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FilthyJack, Apr 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Hey Demimond23,

I replied to your mail but to make things clear, the links in this thread are active, that was probably a temporary down.

Hope you like it!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

Ty for new version!! :)
    I am not sure if I only have this issue but
    when I add a new Weapon(s), modify shop etc then Ogre picture with 2maces, Orc picture with 2swords and Darkelf picture doesn't show. It shows only black picture.:confused:
    When I restore then those pictures came back lol.
    Other races are no problem only those threeo_O

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. FilthyJack

Hey Sagat91!

Thanks for reporting this issue, I think it may come from the template you used for your weapons, did you select a mace template to create your mace? You can actually create anything out of a sword tempalte but the result may not be always perfect. If not this is probably a bug, I never tried looking for the racial graphic values in proto, I may have to.

4. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

at weapons etc no problem, it shows graphic
    only those three racial graphic are not shown :S

5. FilthyJack

I will investigate the problem as soon as I come back home, if I can identify the bug then I'll post an update.
    Thanks for reporting it :)

Sagat91 likes this.
  6. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

thx :)

another question
    where can I put/remove 'require charges' at armor
    at weapons it's quite simple but I didn't find it at armors

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. FilthyJack

If you want to remove the charge consumption ie: on healing jacket, then this is not really possible because it uses a hardcoded spell effect.
    Weapons are a special case since they can be told what ammo to use and how many, but you can't with armors, or rather you can only associate an existing hardcoded spell.

8. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

I see :(

9. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

Is there any Tutorial about adding effects to items at 'Scripts'?
    I only found this and It doesn't help at my problem
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/forums...ng-arcanum-guide-spells-items-monsters.18285/
    50-255 is no problem but how can I add effects when the number is >255?
    e.g.: at WorldEditor when I add an effect (WieldOn/OFF) at 'Scripts' with number 361 it changes auto to 105
    Don't understand me wrong I want to understand it clearly how it works with AND without Factory

10. FilthyJack

The new version of Arcanum Factory includes an effect editor, allowing up to 2000 effects.

But you must use it instead of worlded to make it work because I created a pair of scripts attached to wield on/off to extend the number of effects.

A nice trick but you would have to manually copy thoses scripts in override, manually alter effects.mes and copy the flags and values from the 'scripts' tab in worlded. The trick is (number of flags X 255) + (value).

I hope it helps.

Sagat91 likes this.
  11. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

ah I see ty :)

last 2 questions:

how do you mean that?
    you can explain that (step-by-step) with an example pls? :)
    editing effects.mes etc no problem only this last part I don't understand it clearly :confused:

when I add 2+ effects with your tool the item it doesn't show at shopkeeper AND it doesn't show ANY items for selling OR
    it shows the 'new' item with other items for selling BUT the effect(s) don't work when I wear it. :confused:

12. FilthyJack

Let's see:

1- Create a simple effect using the effect editor. I chose 1976 from the list.
    [​IMG]
    2- Assign it using the "effects" button in the weapon editor next to scripts.
    Just select the new effect from the list and check Activate, then apply.
    [​IMG]
    3- Check the weapon's scripts to see if it worked.
    [​IMG]
    (7 Flags * 255 ) + 191 = 1976
    The script will apply effect 1976. You can have four different effects applied, 8 flags per counter.
    This is because counters in arcanum can only go from 1 to 255 so I had to find a trick.

Then putting the item in a shop should work as usual ;)

Sometimes you have to restart the tool to update the effect list in other editors.
    The max number of effects is hardcoded in the exe if I remember correctly, the exe is patched when you 'Apply to Arcanum" from the main menu.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Sagat91 likes this.
  13. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

aaahh now I understand it thank you very much :D

14. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

15. FilthyJack

I just had a look at the features list and I think it can be done using Arcanum Factory to create the additional content like restored items and modified schematics.
    Then you would just use a link in your UI to install the prepatched version of the exe and copy the files manually, or let the user launch AF Mod Installer to install the content.
    You could then extend your mod with Arcanum Factory.

The problem comes with languages other than english, this would require you to replace the descriptions/schematics (*.mes) located in AF directory with the Russian version.

16. Loain

Loain New Member

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get items to have custom art in the game. I can get my art to appear in the factory (reload the factory, no spaces in the name). However in the game the item is invisible. Even when I just use the in game art for the set it'll still be invisible in the game. If I don't use an art set at all I can change the art from the drop down menu and it'll be what I chose.

Anyone else having trouble with this?

BTW, thank you FilthyJack for this program.

17. FilthyJack

Hey Loain,

Thanks for trying Arcanum Factory, I know it's always been hard to add custom art to the game and this was my main goal when making this tool so I hope I can help you getting it to work.

After receiving a lot of mails about art I think I have got a few tricks to share:

1- Inventory grid cells are 32x32 pixels, if your item is larger than the paperdoll slot, it will be invisible but still here.
    2- Sometimes arcanum just doesn't like your art dimensions, I remember seeing a post about working dimensions but I usually just take one of the bmps inside ArcanumFactory/Factory/Conf/Pics as an example.
    3- When creating an art file from png/bmp/gif, hit the grid preview button to check if the transparency/dimensions work.
    4- When creating an art set you HAVE to make sure you select the appropriate type at the top of the window, ie: select a "quality robe" to get the on-world graphic of a black robe, then select the 3 art files for the set.
    5- Game art is registered with the appropriate type and will override yours, ie: if you use paperdol game art of tech plate it will look like a tech plate on-world even if you selected "quality robe". To circumvent that you have to create a new art file with the techplate picture and then select that one as paperdoll graphic.

Also never install Arcanum in the program files folder if you want to mod it, use any other folder like documents or downloads.

My modding setup (on a separate partition):

-Arcanum GoG US Version Patch 1074
    -UAP with extra content
    -Extra Animations
    -HQ TownMaps
    -HQ Music wav
    -D3D Dlls
    -Arcanum Shortcut (-no3d -doublebuffer)
    -Arcanum Factory (with Additional Utilities)
    -Virgil's Debug Menu

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  18. FilthyJack

Dear Community,

I have completed a new version of Arcanum Factory (1.4b), this is a major release adding a powerful WorlEd helper tool which allows you to completely modify the main campaign and produce a CLEAN mod in the end, one that isn't 50mo and doesn't override all other mods.

Arcanum Factory 1.4 does include a bunch of bug-fixes but I don't remember them all so I won't make a list. The Mod Installer has been revamped and the art editor has been improved. The mes editor now allows editing of anything with a nice syntax highlighter.

It's not compatible with previous versions and uses patch5-6 files.

This is the beta version, but I'm working on a dialog/script editor and it will soon be finished. I'm releasing this as beta to allow the community to give some input/suggestions before it's done :) I will fix and add things as they come until the final version is done.

The new WorldEd Menu:
    -Extract Arcanum Campaign

This will extract the campaign module to modules\Arcanum.PATCH5, you can then open it in WorldEd, the modifications happen live and you can start Arcanum directly to test it, if anything goes wrong just hit "delete the extracted campaign" in the menu.

-Delete Extracted Campaign

Simply deletes Arcanum.PATCH5 (also resets the timestamps used to compare files)

-Retrieve New Files And Modified Sectors

This will retrieve your newly created content and the sectors you modified (including scenery etc), they are saved in modules\Arcanum_PATCH_CLEAN which is not active unless you rename it to Arcanum.PATCH5.

-Retrieve Latest Version Of Saved Files

This will retrieve the latest version of the files you already saved in modules\Arcanum.PATCH_CLEAN.

-Capture Mob Files From Clipboard

When you alter Arcanum's EXISTING (items/npc/containers), you will need to start this and click the G_XXXXX line at the bottom of the popup menu, this will ask you if you want to save it.
    Once you have done this you can hit "Retrieve latest version of saved files" and it will take these into account.

It is important that you use the menu and don't delete the folders manually unless you now what you are doing.

I have tried to make it as easy as I could and I hope this will encourage people to create main module expansions and voiced follower mods.

Download: Arcanum Factory 1.4 Beta

Happy Modding!

Latest HotFix 04/02/2018:
    Fixed Saving All Files from worlded not just .sec .mob.
    Fixed Armor Editor Buttons bug.
    Added a button to load items from the description box.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Sagat91 likes this.
  19. Sagat91

Sagat91 New Member

as I understand It's not possible due this language issue? alright sir!
    I was just curious thx :)

20. FilthyJack

A few simple steps are required:

1- Locate the Arcanumfactory/Conf folder.
    2- Translate these files:

(you need to keep the extra 'blank' entries I added to these files, just replace the existing ones with the russian version)

-game_itemeffect.mes
    -gamedesc.mes
    -gameoname.mes
    -gameback.mes
    -backgrnd.mes
    -schematic_text.mes
    -invensource.mes (only if you want the inventory title translated)
    -languageUS.conf (for the status bar tips)

You may need to replace Arcanum.exe with a custom US version (it doesn't change text) but I can provide it easily if need be.

You can also send me those files in Russian (use undat tool) and I'll see if I can make it work.

I hope it helps.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
Our Host!