Game related downloads - patches, hacks and the manual
Looking to enhance the game experience ? Willing to add some spice to the original campaign ? Look no further, this section has it all, hacks, patches, main module expansions and the manual to put it in perspective !
Also available online
It will answer most of your questions about how Arcanum works and which keys do what. At least give it a try before firing off a bunch of questions in the forums. Also features the Grandma Cookhill's Three Bowl Bread recipe !
note: it is written for the pre-UAP Arcanum.
It's worth a look, it features some cut-out content not present in the full version.
You need to install the 1074 patch - it fixes lots of bugs and is needed by all of the current mods. Don't ask for no-cd cracks in the forums. For previous versions, go to the Download Archives
by Drog Black Tooth
A huge community patch that fixes dozens of bugs and restores a plenty of omitted content.
You only need the latest version.
For previous versions, go to the Download Archives
High Resolution Patch
by Drog Black Tooth
This patch enables Arcanum to be played in any resolution.
Compatible with Arcanum 220.127.116.11, including all mods based on that version.
Extra info: forum thread
The lossless edition of the Arcanum soundtrack (WAV format, 21 tracks).
Further info here.
High Quality Music Pack
The soundtrack has also been converted for the in-game use. While you can download the MP3 version (320 kbps), it's also possible to use the original wave tracks in the game with the help of the small patch. Done by Drog Black Tooth, for use with the UAP.
Main Module Expansions
Arcanum Work in Progress by rroyo
A:WIP is currently the most consistent and extensive mod available. It adds new content to the original module without upsetting the game balance. On top of that, it offers a bunch of bugfixes. Current info thread is here. For previous versions, go to the Download Archives
Hard-Arcanum by Chris Beddoes
AKA polished CAR Arcanum, is a huge mod that, among many things, has reworked the combat balance (in quite unconventional ways), added some locations and... just go see the announcement.
Arcanum Equilibrium Rebalance by Leonidusx v1.12
Changes almost all weapons, armors, items, spells, monsters to rebalance Arcanum combat and make it reasonably challenging. Some entirely new spells and items such as Lycanthropy, Inferno, Tsunami, Napalm, Immunosuppressant.
Keep in mind that many of these hacks might refuse to work with main module expansions, and are generally not compatible with Drog's Unofficial Arcanum Patch
Additional modules, independent of the main campaign
Looking for a new adventure ? Our assortment of Arcanum modules will keep you entertained for many evenings, featuring adventures both official and fan-made. And some in French.
The Lost Dungeon of Souls
kindly provided by Bruticis
This is the long-lost module, once available with pre-order copies of Arcanum. Info here. Original disc image available upon request.
Arcanum Troika Modules
Dusty Dunes Patch
by Team A
This patch is designed to fix the numerous bugs in the Dusty Dunes module
Arcanum Fan-Made Modules
Arcanum French Modules
Tools and information useful for modding Arcanum
Arcanum modding is much livelier today then one could expect for such an old game. Here's a bunch of tools by which the task of creating complex quests and populated towns becomes less tedious. Feel free to go to the forums to clarify all your doubts regarding the use of these files. And if you don't know where to start - check out AMTUT.
Arcanum Modding Tutorial (AMTUT)
If you're new to modding Arcanum, AMTUT is where you should start learning how. This step-by-step tutorial goes from the basics to creating complex quests and alternate endings for your module. Also available online
While AMTUT and other guides will show to how to use the editor, the manual is the only way to know WorldEd inside-out
by FilthyJack, info here
Arcanum Modding Tools
- The best tool for viewing, editing and creating (to an extent) .ART files. Made by eml78.
Artview by Blacky
- Adds a few features to the tool, including exporting animations to GIF/AVI.
- A small mod of the original program, done by Drog Black Tooth. Fixes a few things.
Arcanum Modding Resources
Mod Building 101 - "The Dungeon Crawl"
Dimensions of Arcanum Downloads
Dimensions of Arcanum downloads mirror. Good stuff.
This is exactly the same stuff you will find by following the link in this section. It's just here for your convenience.
These are various hacks that were once floating around on the net. Now they mostly just sit here, since most of the good things got implemented into larger mods. However, they can be quite fun to try.
All of these fixes are already implemented in A:WIP and the Unofficial Patch by Drog Black Tooth. They are provided here for historical and educational reasons.
Fan-Created Art for Use in Mods
This is art, in .art format
Here's a wide collection of art compatibile with Arcanum, supplied by the modding community.
Made by rroyo
This is primarily a guide for artwork substitution on schematics
Made by Arthgon
Made by rroyo
Packaged and converted into Arcanum .art format, can be viewed in the redviewer. Most come with source images
- A pair of wooden tables laden with apparatus.
- A small, tapped barrel to sit upon the bar. Comes with a flip.
- Three new sets of books to dress up your desk. Comes with flips.
- A free-standing medallion that resembles the design of the BMC floor emblem. Comes with a flip.
- 18 wall sections of Dwarf mines and structures to close the gaps that can form during construction.
- Three different-sized exotic trees with one or more glowing bulbs that can accept a small glow light to illuminate the darkness. Comes with flip views of each.
- Left-hand versions of the stock game Junk Bin and Junk Table.
- A smurfy little place for your wee folks to live. Comes with a flip and clickable doors for each.
- A dozen new medium to large pictures to help decorate your scene. Comes with flips for all.
- A pair of wooden pews (long benches) for added realism in your temple.
- 21 new posters to dress up your interiors. Comes with flips for all.
- 15 new statues to add a little variety to your creation. Comes with flips for all.
- 16 more statues to add a little Variety to your creation. Comes with flips for all.
- Two telescopes; one for humans and the other for smaller races. Comes with flips.
- an orange brick building that wasn't used in the game.
- A long, low table with jugs and crockery for the more rustic taverns. Works best with small to medium races. Comes with a flip view.
- a tractor-trailer styled steam-powered automobile sized for humans. A flip version is included.
- The keel and ribs of a small sailboat under construction. Left view only.
- A fire-ravaged stucco-fronted hobbit hole. Single view only..
- A collection of primitive art, holes, a rope to climb up, and a insect skittering sound effect to add a little more atmosphere to your creepy cave.
- a seated middle-aged man behind a desk.
- Mostly from Fallout comes a collection of cabbages, cauliflowers, corn stalks, hay or straw bedding, and pumpkins for your rural scenes.
- four Hobbit-holes for use in a mod. 2 right views and 2 flips with linkable doors and pictures showing alignment.
- A white stucco and timber fronted Hobbit hole. Comes with a flip view and clickable doors for both.
- A round stone-fronted Hobbit hole with a clickable door. Single view only.
- A two-piece scene where your halfling merchant can sell his wares. Left view only.
- A thatched-roof wood building with a gravel porch. Comes with a flip view and clickable doors for both.
- A thatched-roof wood building without a porch. Comes with a flip view and clickable doors for both.
- Contains two flip versions of stock Arcanum wall lamps plus two new ones with flips.
- a lighthouse that's suitable for use in mods, with a clickable door, and can even accept a light in the top.
- a stone circle that looks that that portal from the original Star Trek
- Contains a flip version of the stock workbench plus a variant and flip without the milkcan.
- 10 new medium to large paintings and flips for them all.
- a simple wood and rope platform that works well with all the races.
- A pair of steel-bladed plows from Fallout. Sized for humans.
- Eight new posters of advertisements and two maps. Comes with flips for each.
- Six wanted posters to decorate your jail. Comes with flips for all.
- Ten free-standing wood signs to add a little variety to your town. Contains a lightly weathered, heavily weathered, herbalist, tailor, and bar sign with flips.
- Adapted from Fallout, here's here's two piles of humanoid bones and two dried remains of single-headed cattle. Comes with flips for all.
- a Stonehenge-like ring
- Contains flip views of the stock Village Tables (missing board and cluttered) and two full-topped empty Village Tables created from original stock.
- five tents. Tent 2 is simply a flip of the stock pup tent while the other four are large two-part "safari-sized" ones. Included is two variations and the flip of each.
- George Pal's vision of the Time Machine is now yours to play with. Do Eloi and Morlocks reside in the ruins of Vendigroth? Only time will tell. Scaled for humans with right and left views.
- A patch to hide the shark-toothed cave on the Void stairs.
- a pair of wooden-wheeled covered wagons sized for humans.
- Contains flip views of the four stock carts plus an empty village cart and hay wagon with flips for both.
-Contains a small brown roofless stone well with a pulley on top. Comes with a flip.
- A weathered medieval-styled windmill. Scenery only. This is a real area-filler, so plan ahead!
Inventory item art
Made by Arthgon
The pack contains passkeys, stimpaks, some books and a flower. Quite a selection. Preview
- Dean's Electronics, First Aid, Guns And Amunnition, The Big Book of Science, Scout Book
- Stimpack and the Super Stimpack
- Passkeys (Red, Yellow, Blue) and a flower
Made by rroyo
- 40 new rings; from mild to wild; to give your mighty mage all the power he or she needs.
- 40 new shields to protect your fearless warrior - or his enemies.
- Three yellowed double-rolled scrolls and scroll fragments to add antiquity to your quest.
- A dozen new books ranging from small journals to thick tomes to add variety to your mod.
Made by rroyo
Arcanum Bonus Stuff
Wallpapers, screensavers and even a theme pack.
Wallpapers here provided in uncompressed .bmp format. Also featuring some cut-out content, the original Bedokaan sprites and portrait.
Arcanum Beta Stuff
The pack includes the original lizardmen sprites and the corresponding portrait for Waromon. Info here
Other Troika Games
ToEE, Bloodlines and Mystary!
Altough we're mostly about Arcanum, we also provide some files and information about other games by Troika.
Temple of Elemental Evil
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
You'll find a lot more on the Official site
Right-click and 'Save Link As...' In case your browser tries (and fails) to open these files directly.
The latest official patch (Patch 1.2 is no longer neccessary to upgrade to the latest unofficial patch!)
The current unofficial patch is hosted by The Patches Scrolls
Tessera's unofficial patch from 2007, its primary goals were to add reliability and stability to Bloodlines. Mutually exclusive with the other unofficial patch.